Monday, July 18, 2011

HELP is this genital herpes or something else?

I have had a boyfriend for a year, who is std free. My last std test showed that i was completely clean, and i have not had ANY sexual contact with any one else since being with him. Last week my family went camping, and my sister got these odd looking bumps on the back of her thigh towards the end of the week. We all assumed they were bad spider or bug bites of some sort. She said they hurt rather than itched. A few days later she told me she also had them in her vaginal area... we still assumed they were bug bites at this point. I got a "bug bite" on my inner thigh (way closer to my knee than vag area) a few days after she got hers. We got home and she looked up her symptoms online and freaked out that it might be genital herpes. She had sex with a guy the week earlier and thought that might be what it's from. She went in to get tested, and still hasn't gotten the results back. She asked the guy if he knew he had the std, and he said he gets checked often and was clean as far as he knew. But apparently normal std tests dont test you for herpes... so it could be possible that he has it and has no symptoms? Now i'm freaked out because i'm starting to get the same bug bite looking things on my vagina as well. I was wondering if i could get genital herpes from non-sexual contact??? I'm seriously freaked out. I have no idea what else it could be but I just can't believe i got it just from being around my sister. There was also another girl we went camping with who got the same bug bite looking things on her leg as well. she is 15, im 19, and my sister is 22 by the way. my sister finds out her test results tomorrow, and if it comes up positive i will go to a doctor ASAP. i just wanted to ask on here if anyone knows what else it could be, and if its even possible that i could have gotten it somehow without sexual contact? this really sucks :/ thanks for your help

No comments:

Post a Comment